These avocado salad recipes are perfect for those who love these tropical fruits and want to try something different using them as an ingredient.
This salad with avocado features fresh lime dressing, topped generously with a contrasting crisp-and-crunchy blend of chopped radish, jalapeño, herbs and green onion. All these ingredients give to this salad a perfect balance, rich in vitamins and minerals and the creaminess of the avocado.
Avocado salad considerations
The first thing you have to do for these avocado salad recipes is that you should wait to slice the avocados until you are going to serve the salad, with the purpose of don’t letting them brown too much, they are going to be more fresh. You can mix the herb topping and the dressing together in advance so those are ready.
This avocado tasty salad is best to be consumed immediately, because the avocados not always store well, but if you are not serving to a lot of people, you can keep the rest in the refrigerator and serve in the same day.
Pick ripe avocados
For any type of avocado salads, you need to look for those which are yield just a bit to a gentle squeeze, you have to avoid the ones which are mushy or stringy inside. If you find any bruised or brown bits when you are cutting them, take them out with a spoon and discard before you slice it. Is good to buy an extra avocado because of the preparation of this avocado salad recipe.
|Prep time: 25 minutes||Cook time: 5 minutes|
|Totaltime: 30 minutes||Yield: 4 to 6 servings|
These ingredients are for the preparation of herb-pepita mix.
- ½ cup of green pumpkin seeds.
- ¼ tsp fo chili powder.
- Sprinkle of salt.
- ¼ tsp of extra-virgin olive oil.
- ½ cup chopped radish.
- ½ cup chopped of fresh cilantro, or you can replace it with basil, parsley or dill.
- ½ cup chopped of green onion
- 1 medium jalapeño, seeds and membranes removed, chopped but if you don’t like it spicy you can discard this ingredient.
These ingredients are for the rest of the salad recipe with avocado
- 4 ripe and large avocados
- ¼ cup lime juice or the juice of 2 limes
- 2 tsp of extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp of fine sea salt
- 2 tsp of honey or maple syrup
- Toast the pepitas in a large pan over medium heat, watching them continuously so they don’t get burn, you have to let them there until they start turning to golden on the edges and start making popping noises, this takes like 3 to 5 minutes. Then, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chili powder, sprinkle of salt and olive extra virgin oil. Set aside so it can get cool.
- Put together the chopped radish, herbs, green onion and jalapeño in a bowl.
- Prepare the dressing, mix together the lime juice, honey or maple, olive oil in a bowl.
- Slice the avocados the way you prefer, but for nice slices, you have to cut the avocados in the half and remove the pits, then cut the halves in half again to make long quarters, after that, peel the skin off each quarter and slice them into long stripes.
- Finally, put the avocado in a serving bowl, sprinkle the dressing over them, stir the toasted pepitas into the herb mix, after this step, spoon it over the avocados. Finally you can put a little bit of salt.
Cucumber Tomato avocado salad recipe
This is toher of the best avocado salad recipes, is light and flavorful lemon dressing and the unique flavor of cilantro, is easy to prepare and is an excellent avocado salad.
For this salad recipe you just need some vegetables, tomato, crisp cucumber, a creamy avocado, cilantro and lemon juice so you can give to the salad a fresh flavor.
- 1 lb Roma tomatoes
- 1 of cucumber
- 1/2 medium red onion sliced
- 2 avocados diced
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil or sunflower oil
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt or 3/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp of black pepper
- Put the chopped tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, the sliced red onion, chopped cilantro and diced avocado into a bowl.
- Drizzle with 2 tsp of olive oil and 2 tsp of lemon juice, mix gently so the ingredients can get combined, before serving, you can sprinkle with a tsp of sea salt and 1/8 tsp of black pepper if you want and enjoy!