You need a few minutes to prepare this delicious and healthy banana smoothie recipe, you just have to follow these simple steps using ingredients that you can find in your house or store easily and cheap.
There are a lot of versions of banana smoothies, but this is easy to prepare and can work as a base to add other ingredients and create a different and healthy banana smoothie. Here we show you some reasons that can convince you to prepare this banana shake:
- You need fresh or frozen bananas, (fresh preferably)
- The kids love this shake
- Include this smoothie in your breakfast or a snack
- You can freeze it and save it for later
- You need less than 10 minutes to prepare it
How to make this easy banana smoothie
The basic ingredients that you need for this recipe are the following:
The main ingredient: Banana
For a glass of smoothie, you can use a large banana but if you are going to prepare for the kids you can divide it or use smaller bananas. If you want to get a nice taste, use ripe bananas, the frozen bananas works perfectly to get a creamy smoothie so you can freeze them for this recipe.
If you add a spoon of yogurt, the smoothie will have more protein-packed and will be more creamy, but if you don’t like to add some yogurt, you can add some extra fruit or even a veggie like spinake.
Oranges are perfect for morning smoothies, or their juice, adding them to the smoothie can give you vitamin C and a delicious tropical flavor, before preparing this smoothie, try to get the orange with the bananas, but if you don’t have oranges, you can replace it with mango, berries or even pineapple.
Milk or water
You can prepare a banana smoothie without milk, there are people who can’t consume milk but it will be delicious anyway, you can prepare it with water perfectly, if you want it creamy, add milk, it will taste really delightful.
Tips to freeze the fruits for smoothies
To make the preparation easier, freeze the portions of the fruits.
Rinse and chop the fresh fruits into small pieces. Pat them dry then arrange, in one layer, on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Put the baking sheet in the freezer and freeze until the fruits get hard. Once they are frozen, divide the fruits in different quantities and put them into freezer safe-bags of plastic bags, keep them as an ingredient for the next smoothie.
Make some variations to the banana smoothie
The recipe we showed you before works as a base too, it’s delicious by it’s own but you can add other ingredients to make it even better.
- Add protein and fiber, you can use seeds like chia seeds, or your favorite protein powder.
- Put some chocolate with a tablespoon of cocoa powder, one of the best combinations.Try it!
- Add different fresh of frozen fruits like strawberry or mango, you can try with different types of tropical fruits.
- You can add healthy fat, an avocado is the best option for this.
- Add nuttiness and extra sticking power like peanut butter, almond butter, or other nut butter.
- 1 banana
- 1/2 orange, peeled and quartered
- 1/3 cup of regular yogurt or greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup water or milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons honey, sugar or stevia, this is optional because this easy banana smoothie doesn’t need it.
Chop the banana and the orange and put them together in a blender, then top them with water or milk, what you prefer, add a spoonful of yogurt and blend all together until the smoothie get a creamy texture, then you can add the sugar, honey or stevia if you want it sweeter.
If you didn’t know very well how to make a banana smoothie, as you can see, it’s actually easy, just try it and you will want to add it to your diet.