This banana pudding cake recipe is really simple and fast to do, it’s delicious and we are sure that anybody who taste it, will want to eat it again. The best part is that is done with natural and fresh ingredients, so the flavor will be intense and you will get the best benefits to your health.
It’s too easy to whip up and you can even play with the flavors and decide how you want it, you can create your own version of this banana pudding cake and you will enjoy it too.
Maybe this could be one of the best banana desserts we can prepare, you will only have to use the oven ad this could be the only complicated part of this recipe, and it’s not difficult to do it, to make it easier, we can use a box cake mix.
Do you know what is banana pudding cake?
It’s a banana southern dessert consisting of different layers of banana or vanilla flavored custard, sliced banana covered with whipped cream and crushed cookies, we usually serve it in a baking dish.
To make sure that the dessert will keep the flavor of a classic banana pudding we have to turn this into a banana pudding poke cake, this allows you to keep a high flavor of banana.
If you don’t know what is poke cake, it’s a baked cake that you poke holes into after baking, after this, you fill the holes with custard or pudding mixture which is poured over the cake while it’s still warm. This technique let the flavors infuse the cake and keep it damp.
How to complement the banana pudding cake?
After we do the process we told you before, we top the pudding of banana with sliced bananas and a homemade whipped cream, you can replace the whipped cream with cool whip, but actually we can make the homemade whipped cream very easily and we just need 2 ingredients, so it’s a good option.
The last step we do is sprinkle with crushed vanilla wafer to give a crunchy texture, you can try putting some inside the cake too, it’s all up to you.
If you have never prepared this type of desserts this is the perfect occasion to try and taste different flavors.
|Prep time: 20 min||Cook time: 25 min||Servings: 14|
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- Ingredients called for on cake mix box (water, oil, eggs)
- 2 3.5 ounce of packages Instant banana pudding
- 1/4 cup of confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 4 cups of milk
- 2 peeled and sliced bananas
- 2 cups of crushed vanilla wafer cookies
Here we’ll show you how to make banana pudding cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, cover a 13×9 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Follow the instructions according to the package directions to bake the cake.
- When the cake is already done and it’s cooling, prepare the pudding, put together the pudding mix and milk and start beating the mixture until it gets thick.
- When the cake is already cool after about 10 minutes, poke holes in the top using the handle end of a wooden spoon, you have to do the holes until the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the pudding mixture over the cake and use a spatula to full the holes you did before. Let some pudding remain on the top of the cake and keep it in the refrigerator and leave it there all the night.
- Use a large bowl to beat the confectioners sugar, vanilla and heavy cream using an electric mixer until stiffs pick are formed, this takes like 2 minutes.
- Put the sliced bananas over the pudding, on the top of the cake. Next, spread the whipped cream over the bananas and finally sprinkle the crushed cookies over the whipped cream.
- It’s ready to serve, you can do it immediately or refrigerate until you serve it.
This is an easy recipe for banana pudding cake, hope you and yours enjoy this delicious dessert with this important and healthy tropical fruit, it really worth to be prepared.