Do you love this delicious tropical fruit? Here we show you how to make banana split. The taste of the banana mixed with the creamy and cold texture of the ice cream and flavor of chocolate is amazing, this mix is so delicious. If you want to try this delight, you can try making the banana split recipe by yourself at home, it’s easy and cheap.
The banana split with ice cream was invented by David Evans Strickler, a pharmacist of a local drug store in Latrobe, Pennsylvania, in 1904 at the age of 23. In those times, this was an expensive dessert, the price was 10 cents, this was the twice of other ice cream sundaes.
Latrobe celebrated the 100th anniversary marking the invention of the banana split, this happened in 2004. That year the (NICRA) National Ice Cream Retailers named this city of pennsylvania as the banana split birthplace.
- 1 banana (split lengthwise)
- 1 scoop strawberry ice cream
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 1 scoop chocolate ice cream
- 3 maraschino cherries
- Garnish: chocolate syrup
- Garnish: marshmallow creme
- Garnish: whipped cream
- Garnish: chopped nuts
Steps to make the banana split ice cream
- Cut an entire banana in the half and put the two slices against sides of long, has to be a narrow, shallow dish.
- Place the scoops of ice cream in a row between the two banana slices. (You can choose the flavor of the ice cream you prefer)
- Put the chocolate syrup on the ice cream scoop you prefer.
- Spoon the marshmallow cream over the chocolate ice cream or the one you prefer.
- Finally, top each scoop of ice cream with the cherries and sprinkle with the chopped nuts.
Here we showed you how to make a classic banana split recipe, as you can see, is easy to do and you don’t need much money, you can prepare it easily in you home for your family and friends.
The banana is a very nutritious tropical fruit, with this banana split sundae you can replace desserts that are not good for your health, including for the children.