The banana chocolate chips muffins are delicious and can be healthy too, they can be perfect to share with your friends and family and are easy to prepare, these banana muffins recipe is perfect to be prepared at home, they will be moist, fluffy and sweet. You just need honey, whole wheat flour and yogurt among other ingredients.
Why a banana chocolate chips can be healthy?
What can make a banana muffins healthy? Well, the ingredients are the main reason, for this recipe we use 100% whole wheat flour, we add natural yogurt, heart healthy olive oil, dark chocolate and the main and most healthy ingredient, bananas, this delicious tropical fruit that most people love, and they are full of vitamins and minerals like potassium.
We sweet this banana muffin with honey instead regular sugar, we can use coconut sugar too. The ingredients are important when considering a healthy food.
Ingredients you need for this type of banana muffins recipe
Here are all the ingredients you need for this delicious snack:
- Really ripe bananas
- Vanilla extract
- Olive oil
- Milk, can be any kind of milk
- Rice malt syrup
- Plain greek yogurt
- Whole wheat flour
- Baking powder
- Dark chocolate or chocolate chips
You will need a muffin pan too and a spatula, but that’s all you need, you can combine all the wet ingredients in a bowl or a blender, the dry ingredients must go in a different bowl.
How to bake these healthy banana chocolate chips muffins
- The first step is to preheat your oven to 400 degrees (F). Then you will put in your muffin tin paper liners and set it aside.
- Then you have to prepare the mass, to begin you have to mix the main ingredients together, bananas, eggs, milk, etc. You just have to whisk all the remaining ingredients together and that’s all you have to do, really easy.
- The next step is to divide the mass evenly among the prepared muffin cups, filling each one to the top. Bake them around 15 minutes or until the cake tester comes out dry when inserted in the middle of the muffin.
This is one of the best banana muffin recipe and you can make 12 of them, they prepared very fast. If you are serving to a crowd, make sure to double the amount of ingredients so instead preparing 12 banana chocolate chips muffins, you can have the double of them. They are easy to prepare and the kids and adults will enjoy them definitely, besides, they are healthy because of the quality of the ingredients and baking method.