The banana milkshake recipe is really easy to do and we don’t need a lot of ingredients and time, can be prepared really quick. The kids love this banana shake and can be perfect for a hot day, no matter the age.
Today we will share with you how to make banana milkshakes with no need to use ice cream or even sugar, so it can be more healthy, actually, this tropical fruit contains the necessary amount of sweetness required for the banana shake recipe.
The banana is one of the most delicious and healthy tropical fruits we can find, they are full of nutrients and vitamins of the B group, C group, folic acid and vitamin E. This banana milkshake is useful for those children who want to gain weight.
We can serve it in breakfast or in the afternoon, even the kids can take this banana shake to the school to enjoy there, it’s healthy and it’s better than drinking those artificial juices in box.
For this drink, we can use a low fat milk, because for some people it may cause havoc in the digestive system, or even vegan milk like almond milk for example. So only you can know if is good to you prepare the banana milkshake with normal milk, if not, replace it with non dietary milk or vegan milk, or even water but it won’t have the same texture.
A few tips for this banana milkshake
- If you will use dairy milk, you can boil it and then cool it. But if we use pasteurized milk there won’t be any problem, but of course it’s up to you.
- Take advantage of the natural sweetness of the banana, actually we don’t have to add sugar, but if you prefer it sweeter, you can add stevia or sugar if you prefer, if you like it very sweet but remember that the less sugar you consume, the better health we will have.
- We can add other fruit that can be combined with banana and won’t destroy the flavor, to complement, like strawberry, papaya, or the one you prefer.
|Prep time: 5 min||Total time: 5 min||Servings: 2|
- 2 ripe and large bananas
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 ice cubes
- 1⁄4 of vanilla
- 1 cup of low fat milk or vegan milk
- 1 tsp of sugar or stevia if you want it sweeter
- If you prefer you can add 20 almonds, just to give a touch, but if you prefer you can leave just the ingredients mentioned above
- Add all the ingredients in a blender including the ice cubes and blend until all the ingredients are mixed and you it get that smoothie and thick texture.
- It’s ready to serve, if you drink it immediately it will be cold and tase better, but you can save it for later in the fridge.
If you want you can sprinkle cocoa over the banana milkshake, this gives a delicious taste, the banana and chocolate is a good combination.