Everyone knows the versatility of the coconuts, you can prepare so many recipes with them, the coconut cupcakes are on of those recipes we can prepare, they are so healthy, nutritious and delicious, the people around you will definitely will love them.
We can find these coconut cupcakes in the market, but not all of them have a great coconut flavor and many of them content preservatives and dyes. So we can prepare this one with natural ingredients, making them healthy and nutritious. We have to make sure that the flavor of coconut will be strong, but it all depends on the tastes of each person.
To make this coconut cupcake recipe has a great coconut flavor we can use coconut cream and coconut shredded coconut in the batter and we can top them with more shredded coconut. The main flavor of these cupcakes are these delicious tropical fruits so we have to be sure that will have a great taste.
How do we prepare these coconut cupcakes
For this we need whole milk but we can replace it with coconut cream, but we can use both too or use coconut milk instead. We can use coconut as well as in the frosting, we can put or replace ingredients, like for example, adding coconut extract is a great choice.
We can top these easy coconut cupcake with shredded coconut and/or toasted coconut flakes or different types of chips, like chocolate, that combination can works.
How are we going to prepare this recipe from scratch, we have to be sure that all the ingredients we’ll use are room-temperature and we can’t over-mix and over-bake them. To test if they are already done, insert a toothpick in the center, it should come out with a few moist crumbs.
|Prep time: 30 min + 18 min cook time||Serving: 12||Total time: 48|
- 1/2 cup whole milk or coconut milk or coconut cream (room temperature)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 4 tsp unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup sugar or stevia
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp coconut extract (optional)
- 1 stick butter (softened)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 oz cream cheese (softened)
- ½ tsp coconut extract
- 2-3 tsp coconut milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Toasted coconut for sprinkling on top (optional)
Preparation for coconut cupcake
- First thing is preheat the oven to 350 F and line a 12-count muffin tin with paper liners to have them organized.
- Combine the coconut milk or whole milk, what you chose with lemon and put aside.
- We have to use a large bowl and put inside the butter, sugar and oil together and mix them well with an electric mixer.
- Add eggs one by one.
- Pour the vanilla extract.
- Use a medium size bowl and put in and mix together the flour, salt, shredded coconut and baking powder.
- Slowly add the milk/lemon juice mixture, the butter, sugar, oil, eggs mixture into the mixture mentioned before until all the ingredients are combined, we can’t over-mix them.
- Evenly divide cupcake batter into the previously prepared muffin tin.
- Bake on 350 F for 18 minutes, or you can check if it is ready inserting the toothpick in the center.
- Let the coconut cupcakes get cool before adding the cream.
Preparation for cream
- In a large bowl, add the butter and cream cheese and mix with an electric mixer until we get a smooth texture.
- Slowly, add the powdered sugar and combine well.
- Add the coconut milk slowly until we get a good texture and consistency, it has to be creamy so we can’t add too much or it will be too soft.
- Pour the vanilla extract and coconut extract.
- Spread the cream over the cooled coconut cupcakes.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut or shredded coconut or chips (optional)
Hope you and yours enjoy this delicious coconut cupcake recipe, we are sure that the kids will love and it’s good to try some different things and prepared at home, it’s more natural, healthy and fresh.