The kiwis are very nutritious and delicious fruit, perfect to prepare different kiwi recipes, we’ll show you how to prepare kiwi muffins, perfect for your breakfast, lunch bag, snacks and more, you can make them more interesting.
These kiwi muffins are really tasty, and have minimal added sugar and oil. The kiwi give them the sweetness needed and it’s a superfood you should include in your diet, you can easily enjoy this muffins without any guilt!
Kiwifruit muffins recipe notes
- You can use a small amount of soy milk if you want to get extra protein, but if you don’t like soy milk, you can add regular milk or almond milk.
- You can add some flax seed meal for extra fiber too, but if you don’t like them, you can replace them with chia seed as well.
- If maybe you are not a lover of kiwi or any member of your family don’t like them, you can replace kiwifruit with bananas, apples, pears or berries.
How much should you fill a muffin cup?
You should fill them about 3/4 of the way full, this will make muffin rise the way beyond what it should. If you don’t fill them like this, the muffins will be flat without that characteristic rounded top.
How can you get muffins unstack?
Maybe you have done some muffins and they have get stuck in your pan, you just have to place the entire thing in the freezer for one hour or two. To pull them out use a knife or spatula to run around the edge of the kiwi muffins. With this trick, they should come out easily.
Ingredients for kiwi fruit muffins recipe
- 4 medium size kiwis
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 of canola oil
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- You can add turbinado sugar if you prefer
- First you have to preheat the oven to 350 degrees, line muffins tins with paper cupcakes liners.
- Put the flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon and baking powder in a bowl and mix well.
- Beat the eggs, milk, vanilla extract and oil together in a large bowl, slowly mix in the dry ingredients, finally put in the chopped kiwi.
- Spoon the mixture into a cupcake liner and fill them until the top, you can sprinkle them with the turbinado sugar if you will use this ingredient.
- Bake for 25 minutes, muffins are ready when they are slightly brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
So this is how you prepare easily this delicious recipe with kiwi and get some delicious and nutritious muffins, you can enjoy them any time.