Have you ever tried lychee iced tea? It’s perfect for summer, Lychee is a tropical fruit grown in South East Asian countries. They are so sweet and have a floral fragrant, besides they are full of benefits for your health, they contain several amounts of vitamin C and vitamin B among others, they can help you to fight inflammations.
For sure you will want to taste the flavor of this delicious lychee drink, which is perfect for summer or when you are thirsty because is really refreshing. This will keep you hydrous, cool and happy in summers, we promise you!
When you combine your favorite iced tea with lychee you get a winning combination that will blow up your mind.
How we have to make tea
For the preparation of this lychee iced tea, we have to be sure that the water is perfectly boiled, pour into a pot and add the tea leafs, let stand for 5 minutes if you are going to serve only for you, but if you will use a pitcher, let it stand for like 15 minutes, the longer we let it stand, the stronger the tea will be.
Boiling the tea bags is not suggested because this can make the tea bitter and can split the bag.
As we are going to add ice cubes, we have to consider the amount of water and tea bags we’ll add, the recommended is 1 or maximum 2 tea bags per cup.
For this lychee tea recipe we’ll use 2 tea bags per cups of water.
Is better fresh or canned lychee?
I think that both can work, obviously is better the fresh ingredients, but the canned lychees can perfectly work, besides the canned lychees have a syrup that we’ll need to make the flavor more intense. Maybe the fresh lychees are harder to find in some parts of the world, so the easiest to find are the canned one.
Imagine enjoying this delicious lychee ice tea next to the pool or even the sea, for sure this will keep you hydrate, fresh and revitalized.
Taste the lychee tea
After we mix the tea, lychee and the syrup inside the can, taste it, it’s better to use all the suggestions we give in the lychee iced tea recipe below, you can personalize it as you want or add what you want.
If you want the tea with lychee sweeter, you can add stevia or sugar syrup, but keep in mind that the more sugar you use, more harmful to your health may be.
In this recipe we use only the lychee syrup to make it sweet, I think it’s enough with that, but everyone have their own likes.
- 2 bags of black tea
- 1 cup of boiled water
- 4 pieces canned lychee fruit
- 2 tsp lychee syrup, you can add more if desired
- If you want you can add 2 tsp of sugar syrup or more
- ice cubes
- In a pot, put water to boil, turn off the heat and add the tea bags and let it stand for 3 to 5 minutes, this is if you will serve just one cup, if you will serve more let it stand for 10 minutes, as we said before, the more you let it stand, the more stronger will be the flavor.
- Take out the tea bags and let it cool for a while.
- Add the lychee fruit and syrup in a glass, pour the cool tea and stir.
- Taste it and if add the sugar you think it’s necessary, try the sweetness and add the amount you want.
- Finally, add the ice cubes and it’s ready to be served, enjoy!
We hope you already know how to make lychee iced tea and consent yourself with this delicious tropical fruit drink. Surprise your family and your friends when they visit you, for sure they will enjoy it too.
It’s good to make some variations to the recipes we already know and add that touch of fruity flavor, this is one of the best lychees drink we can prepare easily.