This mango ice cream recipe doesn’t need a lot of ingredients, you don’t need a churn or ice maker. It’s delicious, an intense flavor of mango and silky, perfect for hot weather.
We think this ice cream recipe of mango can beat any commercial brand because of the intense mango flavor, and can be even more nutritious because is prepared with fresh and natural ingredients without colorants and preservatives.
Unlike the ice cream you can buy in a store, which contain a long list of additives and chemicals, this homemade mango ice cream has less than four ingredients, all natural, that’s why it’s healthy. When it’s prepared, you can even smell the fragrance of fresh mangoes every time you take a spoonful.
Tips before you make mango ice cream
- You have to ensure that the mix will whips up to a good volume, you can do it by making sure that the ingredients are cold. Chill the condensed milk in the refrigerator with the heavy cream included.
- There are many types of mango, we recommend you to use Manila Mango, they are one of the best types in the world because of their fragrance, sweetness and less fibrous.
- You can use food color to give the ice cream an intense yellow, it will look more appetizing, but is optional and you decide if you want to add it.
- At the time of transferring the mixture to freezer-safe container, lightly press a plastic film on the surface of the mixture to prevent the crystallization of the ingredients.
As we said before, this healthy mango ice cream recipe is extremely delicious and really easy to make, can perfectly be you next favorite summer ice cream. It only takes five minutes of preparation and you don’t need churning or ice cream maker.
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Freeze time: 6 hours||Total time: 6h 15m|
- 2 large mangoes or enough to make 1 cup mango pulp.
- 14 ounces of sweetened condensed milk.
- 2 cups of heavy cream.
- 2 drops yellow food coloring, this is optional.
- First, slice the mangoes and scoop flesh, discard the pit and skin.
- Use a blender or food processor to process the mango to an applesauce-like consistency.
- In a large bowl, combine the condensed milk, mango pulp and heavy cream.
- You have to mix al the ingredients until you get a thick mixture, you can do it with your hand and a spoon or use an electric mixer, if you use the second one, use the low speed around 8 to 10 minutes.
- While you mix, you can squeeze a few drops of food coloring.
- Transfer the mixture into a 9 x 5 loaf pan. Cover with plastic film, lightly pressing the film against the surface of the cream mixture as we mentioned before to prevent the crystallization.
- Freeze the mixture for at least 6 hours, you can do it in the night and serve it frozen the next day.