The taste of this tropical fruit is extremely delicious, the taste is similar to that of a mango. Making a papaya smoothie is really easy and very healthy because of the nutrients that the fruit contains.
You just have to add some vanilla and crushed ice for a heavenly drink, this papaya milkshake will keep you cool in those hot days, but you can prepare this papaya smoothie recipe not only in summer because you will definitely love the flavor, and you can drink it to accompany a meal or serve it like a dessert.
Maybe you thought that papaya and milk don’t go together, but this combination is really delicious and tasty, the texture is so smooth, if you haven’t tasted papaya smoothies before or you have tasted it but you want to learn how to do them, here we teach you some simple steps, it’s really easy.
Ingredients for papaya smoothie
- 1 ripe papaya
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tsp of lime juice
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 tsp of lime rind, preferably freshly grated
- 1/2 cup ice preferably crushed
- To garnish: Lime wedges
How to do it
- Peel the papaya, cut it in half lengthwise and remove all the seeds, cut the pulp into large pieces.
- Put all the ingredients together in a blender, including the papaya chunks, except for the lime wedges.
- Blend for at least 30 seconds until you get a smooth and thick texture.
- Serve the smoothie into tall glasses, the final step is to garnish the papaya smoothie with the lime wedges if you want but of course is not necessary.
These kind of papaya shakes are healthy, we should include them in our diet.
Papayas are native of Central America, but we can find them in other regions of the world, like Puerto Rico, Hawaii, Colombia, Mexico and some areas of United States. They are available almost all the year, but the best are in early summer and in the fall.
Their size can be 20 inches, but the one we can find in the stores are smaller, like 8 inches. When the flesh is bright orange means that has a good quality, but it can contain some yellow or pink, it depends on the type of papaya and how ripeness they are.
We can find so many papaya smoothies recipes out there, but this one could be one of the best, in other recipes you just make some variations like adding other fruits.
If you will prepare the juice in less than 24 hours, choose the red or orange papayas, put it in the refrigerator until you prepare them. But if they are yellowish, they will require some days until they are ripe, you can wrap them in a newspaper to ripe quickly.