We think that everyone who have tasted passion fruit juice loved it and wants to drink them again, it’s perfect to offer to the guests. This passion fruit drink is different from those who have tasted before because is made from an exotic and tropical fruit and you don’t see or taste fruits like this everyday.
This drink kwon as «maracuya juice» doesn’t have to be for special occasions or vacations in a tropical country or in the beach, you can prepare it easily in your home and that’s why we will teach you in this article how to make passion fruit juice.
But to have a great taste, the quality of the ingredients have to be great too, if you want to get a flavor similar to a juice from the beach, you need fresh passion fruit, this is easier to make than you think!
How to cut a passion fruit for the juice?
- Put the passion fruit on a cutting surface and cut it into half with careful and open it to see the pulp.
- Use a spoon to take out all the passion fruit pulp with seeds and put it in a bowl.
- Add the passion fruit pulp with water and sugar needed into the blender jar.
Actually the passion fruit juice recipe is too easy, you just need good and fresh fruits for a good quality.
How can I know if passion fruit is ripe?
The best way to know is looking at the skin and shell, a passion fruit is ripe when it gets wrinkles. They are perfect to consume when the skin is smooth or when it is wrinkle.
The color should be yellow or deep purple and not light purple. Normally, the fruits are picked before they ripen fully in a light purple or green or yellow state. So the best way to know is the color and the wrinkles.
- 6 pieces of passion fruit
- 3 cups of water
- 3 tsp of sugar (can be more or less, depending on your taste)
- Ice cubes
- Use two bowls, one for the passion fruit pulp and another one for the shells, the fruit have to be cut in two.
- Take out the pulp with seeds included with a spoon and put it into the bowl.
- Or you can put the pulp directly into the blender jar, then add the water and sugar.
- Blend to a smooth juice.
- Use a fine strainer to strain the juice, so you can collect the seed pieces.
- Finally pour the juice into a glass and serve with the ice cubes.
- If you want, you don’t have to add sugar, but we do it because this type of maracuya drink is sour, if you can’t consume sugar you can replace it with stevia.
- You don’t have to retire the seeds necessarily, you can let it in the juice, they can add some nice crunchy texture, it’s your decision but the taste will be the same.
How to eat passion fruit
If you want to eat them directly instead juicing the fruit or you want to do both, you just have to scoop it out with a spoon, some maracuyas are tarter than others, for this you can add some sugar to the pulp and eat it.
The ones you may buy in America or Europe should be the purple variety, these are less sour so you don’t have to add a lot of sugar.